Wednesday 31 May 2017

Day (-) 5 of Mentor On Road, USA

Take courage and work on. Patience and steady work— this is the only way. 
Swami Vivekananda


After all the preparations perfectly in place, I finally began the journey of exchanging valuable ideas. The first day followed a grueling schedule. Our team had set up six meetings for the day in New Jersey itself.

To kick off the day, I met Harry Panesar, the Chair of US-India Political Action Committee(USINPAC). We discussed the education exchange program between India and USA at length. We also talked about the promising trade opportunities in the automotive sector from a very pragmatic perspective. We are implementing many initiatives right from the first day.

With Harry Panesar


Next up, I met with Pinakin Pathak and Nishil Parikh. We discussed a really interesting project called “Ohmkara”. We are dedicated to working towards a resounding success for the same.


Fruitful meeting with Pinakin Pathak


After meeting Pinakin and Nishil, I met Geetha. She visited us in Ahmedabad last year at Vibrant Ceramics. I was very happy to know that they have started a business with a company that we had introduced to them last year. What pleased me, even more, was that they were extremely satisfied with the service of that company, which, in my view, is more important than the product itself. It is quoted quite correctly, "Customer comes second, service comes first". 

Next up in my schedule was a meeting with Vijayaraghavan, a very fine gentleman. We discussed opportunities in the hospitality industry and consumer goods sector. Subsequently, I will be connecting them with Indian partners for a synergistic relationship.

Meeting with Geeta, Vijayraghavan, and Nishil Parikh

I then went on to meet Piraan and Shyamal. I was delighted to know that they were the first ones to organize a Ganpati Mahotsav in the USA three years ago. This year, they are converting the occasion for Indian companies to take a step forward towards pursuing a business in the USA. I think it is a very interesting opportunity for Indian companies.

With Piraan and Shyamal.

Before I forget, I would love to thank Piraan and Shyamal for this kind message wishing us success for Mentor On Road, USA. 




After five professional meetings, to unwind, I met two close friends of mine Sunil and Rupal. It was a personal visit. We talked about the political situation here in the States. Later, we went to the Woodbridge Indian Square.


Unwinding after a long day with friends, Sunil and Rupal.

After what was a rather long day, I returned to Camp Bordentown and started preparing for my visit to New York, where I will be meeting delegates from UN Women, and attending a fundraiser in the evening.

Today was just a tiny glimpse of the hectic schedule that awaits us for the coming seventy-eight days. 

This is Jagat Shah, signing off! Good night.

Jai Ho to the India-USA dosti!


No comments:

Post a Comment