Tuesday 30 May 2017

Day (-) 6 of Mentor On Road, USA

Arise, awake and stop not until the goal is reached.    Swami Vivekananda
It was a very joyous moment to see my son, Nisarg after six long months. He had come to pick me up from the John F. Kennedy airport in New York after what was a long flight from Abu Dhabi. Thanks to the wonderful hospitality of Etihad Airways, it did not feel that long. It was followed by a two-hour drive from JFK to Bordentown, New Jersey. It was amazing catching up with Nisarg.


Happy Reunion!


The following morning, I woke up at six, enjoyed a brisk walk in fresh air, then, went on to practice yoga, followed by breakfast. After getting ready, I went shopping for some daily need products.

After coming back, I started working on my chariot for this long journey, my car. Setting up the car included applying stickers, setting the mobile phone holder, getting water bottles, electric kettle, and flags, among many other things. The whole exercise took me four hours.



It made me realize that working with stickers was indeed a tough job. In India, I always had someone that did it. After doing it myself, it made me aware of the meticulousness that goes behind getting the perfect look. I tried many different combinations before eventually getting it right. Now would be an ideal time to thank Paresh Bhai, who has always done this for me back home.



I had a quick and light meal and decided to sleep through the afternoon, as I was still struggling with jetlag.

Waking up at 5 in the evening, I then planned four personal meetings for the next day. Everything − time, location, distances, maps, reconfirmations – was worked out to detail. Finally, I looked for accommodation options in Boston.

Towards the end of the day, I thanked all the people from India and USA who have wished me well for Mentor On Road, USA. I will watch TV for a while; get caught up with the happenings in India through online channels and go to sleep in an hour.

All in all, the first day in the USA was a perfect blend of work and relaxation. Until next time!


Jai Ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment