Thursday 3 December 2015

Day 2 – Jaipur, The Land of Royalties

2nd December 2015
Any person on mission, wishes the best start in spite of worst anxieties and I was blessed to have an amazing start with the Royal Welcome of Jaipur, Rajasthan.

I will start by sharing one of the most powerful stories I have ever come across.

Started my day by visiting SOS Children’s Village. They are doing fabulous job for the underserved segments of our society. 10 orphan children live in one home under a mother who is either a widow or separated hence serving both very well.  Children ranging from 1 month to 23 years of age, going to different schools in towns, mother managing the budget and home from her salary and pension, they all live like one big family and like any other family.



Children take aptitude test to choose a career and they are provided with a councillor for every 50 children. The success of their unique vision and model is the children who lived there are now Air Force officers, air hostesses and some even working in London as Chartered Accountants. This is the strength of ideas in India and the impact they bring to society.

Later we also visited Anubhav (Old age home) run by Indian Council of Social Welfare, Bal Rashmi society, an Institution working for Women Empowerment and Shri Nirmal Vivek Special School, a school for welfare of mentally challenged people.

Impressed by the work these social institutions are doing, I am really glad to have met them and I have also promised them help in every essence that they need.

I will write about each of them shortly in the following blogs to come.

Later today at 2 PM, I interacted with the Gujarati Community in Jaipur and shared the idea and vision of Hon. PM Shri Narendrabhai Modi. “Ek Bharat, Sreshtha Bharat”. They showed a huge support for our Prime Minister and portrayed confidence for the path breaking work he is doing will be visible to people soon.

Off to next event at 5 PM, I rushed to Startup Oasis Building in Sitapura. There I enjoyed sharing Make in India vision with 60+ companies and startups. They asked very smart and sharp questions and I was glad to have witnessed this enthusiasm regarding Make in India.

I feel the grandness of vision is such that people left more motivated to build our nation, in spite of all the challenges we as a country face. When I was standing there I saw the faces of the people who shall be profiting and contributing to the GDP of this country in the immediate future.



People ask where I get my energy to go through all the meetings and interactions all day long. This hope of people for our country and its future gives me strength from within. Kudos to Startup Oasis for doing such amazing work and the entrepreneurs, bold and determined enough to make their ideas a reality.

Lets meet again here tomorrow. #FollowMeThroughIndia #MentorOnRoad

2 comments:

  1. Marvelous work!. Blog is brilliantly written and provides all necessary information I really like this site. Thanks for sharing this useful post.Thanks for the effective information. If you have any requirements for Taxi Services in Jaipur then you can book through our website.
    https://www.bharattaxi.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing 2 days jaipur article and check here - jaipur to hanumangarh taxi

    ReplyDelete